All technical information on The Mooney Mite Site has been gathered from a wide variety of sources and is presented here for the interest of owners and enthusiasts. We recommend following the standards and practices set by the FAA as well as the good judgment of a licensed aircraft mechanic.
Care and Maintenance:
Annual Checklists (PDF):
Preflight Checklists (PDF):
- From Ed Mandibles (Ready to print, trim, and laminate. If you would like a customized checklist, contact the Mite Site to have one made.)
Airworthiness Directives (AD's) and Service Letters
Continental Engine Service Bulletins (PDF):
Conversions and Modifications:
- Continental Engine SB M47-16, 12-30-47, plus Supplement No. 1: 6-7-48 (pdf) [14 pages - two missing]
- Continental Engine SB M47-16, 12-30-47, Rev. 7-9-52 plus Supplement No. 1: 2-26-60 (pdf) [17 pages]
- Continental Engine SB M47-16, 12-30-47, Rev. 9-26-68 (pdf) Procedure and instructions for various engine model or series conversions. Applies to the A50 4 thru 9, the A65 1 thru 9, the A75 8, 9, & 12, and both C75 & C85 models 8 & 12. [16 pages]
- Continental Engine Specifications for A65 Series 8, 8J, 8F, 8FJ (pdf)
Forms, Regulations, Specifications:
Drawings and 3-Views:
AMOCs (Alternate Methods of Compliance) to AD's (PDF):
- M-18C Flight Manual
- M-18L Flight Manual
Mooney Approved Repairs - Wood (24 pages, 10.9MB), for purchase
- Diagrams and instructions on repairs to skin, fuselage, wing spar, stringer, and rib.
- M-18X Assembly Manual (130 pages, indexed, 4MB), for purchase
- M-18C Parts and Maintenance Catalog (44 pages, 2.8MB), for purchase
- Continental and Lycoming engine and magneto manuals, for purchase
- AMOC for TAIL SECTION (Borescope method) from Tony Terrigno. Describes a revision to AD 79-11-05 R1 allowing for inspection through permanent access holes in the horizontal stabilizers and fin using a borescope. PDF file, nine pages (.7MB)
- AMOC for WING AND FUSELAGE from Keith Mackey. Contains instructions for an Alternate Method Of Compliance (AMOC) for paragraphs (1) through (9) of AD 79-18-07 and paragraph (4) of AD 79-11-05 R1. This AMOC eliminates the need for fabric removal each 36 months to inspect the wing and fuselage structure unless deterioration is detected. The AMOC is written in a manner which makes it applicable to all models of the M-18 series. To use the AMOC, a letter of permission is required from Keith Mackey. PDF file, six pages (.5MB).
Here are useful links to Advisory Circular (AC) 43.13-1B from the FAA's Regulatory & Guidance Library.
In regard to maintaining aircraft with wood structures, this is also recommended reading: